St Anne’s Academic Review: Publications
* This page is under construction. Thank you for your patience *
The content of St Anne’s Academic Review is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. You are allowed to copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format, and adapt, transform, and build upon it, provided you give appropriate credit to the author and indicate if changes were made.
STAAR 7 - 2017
I.Letter from the Editor
by Emily Schulz, p. i
II. Letter from the Principal
by Helen King QPM, p. ii
1.The Cypherpunk Vision of Techno-Politics
by Maud Barret Bertelloni, pp. 1-6
2.Necessary Existents and State Space Theory
by AJ Gilbert, pp. 7-13
3. When Excellence Kills Education: A Foucauldian Enquiry into Academia and Ambition
by Friedrich Püttmann, pp. 14-22
4. Ana Luísa Amaral and the Portuguese Canon
by Tom Stennett, pp. 23-31
5. A Modern-Day Dystopia: Can We Avoid the Post-Antibiotic Era?
by Oliver Adams, pp. 32-38
6.Nuclear Fusion: How Difficult Is It and Why Is It Taking So Long?
by Alexander Leide, pp. 39-46
7. An Investigation of Dyspraxia: What We Know and Why the Research Is So Far Behind
by Emily Meachon, pp. 47-52
8. Superconducting Materials and Technologies: From Magnets to Quantum Computers
by Harry Orchard, pp. 53-62
9. Does the End Justify the Means? Should Humanitarian Needs Render the Use of Force Lawful?
by Eirini Fasia, pp. 63-67
10. Pay or Play: The Varoufakis Negotiations from a Game-Theoretical Perspective
by Anselm Küsters, pp. 68-74
11. Revisiting Roman Contracts: Justinian’s Treatment of the Contract Verbis and Litteris
by Kal KC Leung, pp. 75-80
12. A Somewhat Brief History of Research on Scientific Thinking and Reasoning
by Diana Ng, pp. 81-90
13. What is “religion” in East Asia? With special reference to the role of place in “religion” in China and Japan before the nineteenth century
by Chui-Jun Tham, pp. 91-97
STAAR 6 - 2015
STAAR 5 - 2014
STAAR 4 - 2012
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
St Anne's Academic Review (STAAR) A publication by St Anne's College Middle Common Room ISSN 2048-2566 (Online) ISSN 2515-6527 (Print)