St Anne’s Academic Review 7 – 2017
STAAR Volume 7
I. Letter from the Editor
by Emily Schulz, p. i
II. Letter from the Principal
by Helen King QPM, p. ii
1. The Cypherpunk Vision of Techno-Politics
by Maud Barret Bertelloni, pp. 1-6
2. Necessary Existents and State Space Theory
by AJ Gilbert, pp. 7-13
3. When Excellence Kills Education: A Foucauldian Enquiry into Academia and Ambition
by Friedrich Püttmann, pp. 14-22
4. Ana Luísa Amaral and the Portuguese Canon
by Tom Stennett, pp. 23-31
5. A Modern-Day Dystopia: Can We Avoid the Post-Antibiotic Era?
by Oliver Adams, pp. 32-38
6. Nuclear Fusion: How Difficult Is It and Why Is It Taking So Long?
by Alexander Leide, pp. 39-46
7. An Investigation of Dyspraxia: What We Know and Why the Research Is So Far Behind
by Emily Meachon, pp. 47-52
8. Superconducting Materials and Technologies: From Magnets to Quantum Computers
by Harry Orchard, pp. 53-62
9. Does the End Justify the Means? Should Humanitarian Needs Render the Use of Force Lawful?
by Eirini Fasia, pp. 63-67
10. Pay or Play: The Varoufakis Negotiations from a Game-Theoretical Perspective
by Anselm Küsters, pp. 68-74
11. Revisiting Roman Contracts: Justinian’s Treatment of the Contract Verbis and Litteris
by Kal KC Leung, pp. 75-80
12. A Somewhat Brief History of Research on Scientific Thinking and Reasoning
by Diana Ng, pp. 81-90
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to Contact Us.
St Anne's Academic Review (STAAR) A publication by St Anne's College Middle Common Room ISSN 2048-2566 (Online) ISSN 2515-6527 (Print)